Sunday, October 12, 2014

Closer Together, Further Apart book research JD Keiles

I decided to search Amazon first with Information Society. After that I decided to search "information society effects" because I am more interested in the future of all these changes. I found three books of interest, Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships, The Interface Effect, and The Copycat Effect: How the Media and Popular Culture Trigger the Mayhem in Tomorrow's Headlines. All of these seemed pretty interesting as they evaluated current and possible future society that is this indulged in the internet. The Copycat Effect: How the Media and Popular Culture Trigger the Mayhem in Tomorrow's Headlines was the most pages and also the most expensive. It seems that all of the books are represented well on World Cat. If any of them was more I would say that The Copycat Effect was pretty well represented. Also, The Copycat effect had more buzz on the internet than the others. That might have to do with the fact that Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships just came out this summer. When I signed up for searched for these book son the Library Thing I couldn't find any of the books. I'm assuming that's becuase these are so many new books released about this fast paced world and how quickly it keeps changing. Based on this research, I've decided that I think I want to read Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships. After that long process I think this book aligns the most with some of the things about relationships and parenting that I have been thinking about outside of the class. I'm curious to check out this book in a genre I've never explored and see the author's point of view on the Information Society and the social and cultural effects of it. 

1 comment:

  1. This book seems like a very interesting read. Parenting methods have changed and will continue to change as long as society keeps becoming more and more digitally based. Hopefully it shows how a parent should embrace technology and use it to their advantage.

    ReplyDelete