Wednesday, October 22, 2014

ME, according to the internet

While researching myself, I thought it was interesting to see how accurate the demographic information of both my campus and hometown addresses are in predicting things about me. They correctly predicted my age and race but were off in household income and education. Additionally, when googling myself I came across some things that I did and didn't expect. First off I don't appear among the top result and I doesn't help when you add UW-Madison to the search. There is an Art professor here at UW that shares my name so she dominates the search results. However, if you look far enough you will find me. I found my twitter account which I barely used and my pinterest. I did not find my facebook profile. On subsequent pages I also found this blog and a few articles that I was in from my hometown newspaper. 
Overall, I thought that I found a fairly accurate picture of myself and there wasn't any information that I wouldn't want the public to know. 

1 comment:

  1. Its very interesting that there is another person who works at this campus with the same name as you.

    ReplyDelete