Monday, October 13, 2014

Digital Disconnect

Like most, my search began on Amazon looking through various books using some search terms such as information, social media, information technology, and netted three possible choices in the end.  I found Global Information Society: Technology, Knowledge, and Mobility (298 pages) which seemed pretty dry and boring by the description but still kept it in mind.  Another result was Intertwingled: Information Changes Everything (198 pages).  This book seemed pretty interesting but some of the reviews said it was somewhat confusing and unorganized.  The final result I was left with, and the one I chose to read, was Digital Disconnect (320 pages).  This book is found the most in libraries coming in at 617 libraries.  Digital Disconnect also had the most members on Library Thing with 32 members.  There was one good review I found on ProQuest that describes the book as "thought provoking."  Overall I'm pretty excited to read this book and I think it will be an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment