Monday, September 8, 2014

A note about myself - JD Keiles

Hello Blogger,

My name is JD Keiles. The JD stands for Jonathan Dean in case you were wondering. I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After I graduated high school my parents decided they had enough of the suburbs and they moved into downtown Philadelphia. The move has been really nice and I really enjoy living in the city. It is a bit of a hassle when I have to drive back and forth to the suburbs to see my friends but it isn't too big of a deal. I am a sophomore at UW and am majoring in Economics. I have always had a business type of approach to things and I think econmics will give me a good chance to pursue that route in a creative manner. I decided to come to UW because it really was my best option all around when it came down to it. I really wanted to go to Michigan and Vanderbilt but after being denied on the same day from both I had some thinking to do. When I came out to Wisconsin to visit in January I loved the campus and decided to just go for it. It has been a great choice. Here at school I am involved in the Sports Business Club. Last fall I also joined a fraternity and it has been a great experience socially that has allowed me to meet some great friends. In my free time I like to hang out with friends, listen to music, play sports, chill outside, snowboard, and some other even less interesting things. My favorite sport is by far basketball even though I played tennis all of high school. My love for basketball has translated over to me being a huge Philadelphia 76ers fan. Despite the fact that they are usually terrible, I keep on cheering. I look forward to this class and studying more about the internet as a form of mass communication. I think about social media a lot and how it will affect our generation and sometimes it worries me. This class will hopefully give me more substantial information on the internet and this "information society."

JD

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting!! I look forward to learning more about you, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete