Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Alyssa Rothman Introduction


  Hi my name is Alyssa Rothman! I am currently a sophomore at UW-Madison in the School of Human Ecology.  I am majoring in Retailing and plan on receiving certificates in Entrepreneurship and Digital Studies (my main reason for taking this class).  I am from Melville, New York and live with my mom, Phyllis, dad, Peter, and brother, Matthew.  My brother is three years younger than me hopefully will follow in my footsteps and come to the University of Wisconsin.  


     In my free time I love to shop, listen to music, and hang out with friends.  Since I was 4, I participated in many dance classes, however, when I got older, school work became more important and I quit in order to study for AP classes and the SAT.  As I said earlier, I love to shop.  Fashion is one of my passions.  I am constantly updating my twitter feed and instagram to see the new styles posted by the most popular fashion bloggers.  This past summer I worked for a designer in NYC as a sales and PR assistant.  I hope one day to find a career in fashion and follow my dreams.  I also love music.  I cannot think of a time when I am not listening to my favorite tunes, these include a variety of genres.  I like old school boy bands to rap to inde music to edm.  Last, I love spending time with my friends.  Whether it is my friends from home, camp, or college, I always find myself having fun when around them.  They constantly put a smile on my face.  

     Last semester I took Theater 120 for the com B requirement so I feel that I am a competent writer but there is always room for improvement. 

     I am excited to take this class and learn more about the Information Society, as we are all so connected to it today.  I love social media and look forward to enhancing my knowledge about the digital age we live in today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment