Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hi everyone! I'm Erik

Hi! I’m Erik Price, and I’m a junior here at UW this year. With any luck, I’ll be graduating a bit early this spring with a major in Computer Science (and possibly a German Certificate if my schedule ends up being flexible enough to allow it).
I’m from the relatively small town of Sparta, New Jersey, which is about 45 minutes from New York City and an hour and a half from Philadelphia. We had a horribly unoriginal high school team called “The Sparta Spartans.” Before moving to Madison for school, I had moved around a few times, but had always lived in New Jersey. After graduation, my plan is to end up working or traveling abroad somewhere for a few years. Half of my family lives in Germany, and I’ve been studying the language for about 7 years now, so I’d love to end up there eventually.
I spent this past summer working as a software development intern at a mobile game development startup in Los Angeles. Besides boring programming-related work things, I ended up being pretty active this summer, doing lots of hiking, running and especially cycling in LA. I was also able to squeeze in some weekend trips to Seattle and San Francisco.
I’ve always been a huge fan of cycling in general, but this will be the first year that I’m actually involved in the Wisconsin Cycling team. I’m also fond of running (mostly when I’m too lazy to get on my bike), coffee, and terrible music of all varieties.
I’ve never really been the person to write for enjoyment outside of work or school requirements, but I have taken several writing-heavy courses at UW, about one per semester on average, and always end up enjoying the class and learning something new.
Looking forward to this semester!
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment