Tuesday, September 9, 2014



What’s up 309?

Hello esteemed colleagues,

My name is Adam Carney. I am from Highland Park, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. I am a Finance major and am very enthused to continue my sifting and winnowing as a sophomore here at UW-Madison. I have met a lot of great people here on campus and I hope to meet and get to know all of you over the course of the semester.


As you probably do not know about me, I am very into sports. I am a big Chicago Bulls fan and can’t wait to see the team take the court this year. I am also very much into football, and I am a huge supporter of the Bears. Also, I spent the first eight years of my life in Cincinnati, Ohio so I am also a fan of the Bengals. Who dey nation, shout out to y’all. Some of the sports I enjoy playing are basketball, volleyball, and soccer. All of them are very close to my heart because I grew up playing them and will continue to play them until my body no longer permits me to do so.

Some of my other interests include music, movies, and TV shows. I am a fan of almost all types of music. I like rap, hip-hop, rock, edm, and almost any type of music you can think of. My favorite movies of all time have to be Good Will Hunting and The Graduate. I also really enjoyed Breaking Bad and will continue to enjoy Game of Thrones.

The reason I came to Madison was because of the incredible campus and overall vibe of the school. Every other school I visited did not feel anything like it, and I am glad I made the right decision to attend such a well renowned University. On campus, I am involved in a fraternity and it has done a lot for me socially, and allowed me to make friends that will last a lifetime. I am involved in Sports Business Club on campus and it has given me a lot of insight into the business side of the sporting world.

As a writer, I feel I have improved my writing tremendously since I have come here. I took a literature in translation course last semester that was heavy in writing and it really helped me improve my writing style. For this course I hope to continue to improve my writing and grasp the concept of our ever-growing “Information Society.”

Peace, Love, LIS,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment