Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hey everybody

My name's Alex Walker and I’m a sophomore here at UW double majoring in Political Science and Economics with the intention to get a certificate in business. (if I can fit that into my schedule) I'm from one of Milwaukee’s larger suburbs, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and went to Wauwatosa East High.

I currently intern for the Republican Party of Wisconsin. I am very active in the upcoming elections in November. I'm hoping to intern in D.C. over the summer between my Junior and Senior year and am involved with College Republicans here on campus. 

My hobbies mainly involve sports. I’m a huge Packers, Bucks, and Lakers fan. I haven’t missed watching a Packers game for as long as I can remember. I’ll be at every home football and basketball Badger game and last year drove down to the final four game in Dallas. It's safe to say I am a MAJOR Badger fan. 

I said this in class last week but I'll repeat it here, How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite TV shows along with Scrubs. My favorite place to go out to eat will always be Buffalo Wild Wings, as I can never get enough! As far as music goes, I'm a hip-hop/rap fan and cannot stand country or rock music. Drake, Chance the Rapper, and Wiz Khalifa are my favorites. 

I’m not a big writer to say the least. English 100 and AP courses in high school take up the bulk of my writing experience, however I’m fairly okay with writing papers. I prefer shorter length papers to research ones. I’m hoping to improve my writing skills throughout the semester in this class that I can apply to my majors. 

1 comment:

  1. My family's house is on the Elm Grove/Tosa border (kiddie corner to the flower shop on 124th and Watertown Plank Rd.) and lived in Wauwatosa for most of my childhood so I'm definitely familiar with your part of the world! I'm a fan of Chance the Rapper as well--maybe it's a Southeast Wisconsin thing? See you in discussion!

    ReplyDelete