Monday, September 8, 2014

Hi Everyone


My name is Jason Kitkowski and I am a sophomore this year. I am planning on double majoring in Accounting and International Business through the Business School. I am from Menasha, Wisconsin which is right next to Appleton, or about 40 minutes south of Green Bay. Right after I graduated high school my parents moved out to Las Vegas, so now I'm here in Madison permanently, but lucky I have some family in the area.


This past summer I worked for UW-Housing as a student custodian, so I cleaned most of the Southeast dorms at one point or another. Currently, I am a waiter for the suite boxes at Camp Randall and the Kohl's Center which is far and away much more fun.


I am involved with two organizations here on campus, Habitat for Humanity and also DECA. Last year I was highly involved in Habitat heading the advertising chair for our spring fundraiser, traveling to Clearwater, Florida on spring break to build down there and also working through the year on our local build. I was also involved in DECA, but to a somewhat lesser extent. I volunteered at with two of our outreach programs last year, one was collecting business clothes for young business professionals just entering the job market and the other was involved in clearing invasive weeds out near picnic point. I did also compete last spring in the state competition placing 3rd in my category and qualifying for nationals in Washington D.C.



As for hobbies I like nearly anything to do with sports, I played football, wrestled and ran track in high school, and I also competed with the bowling team senior year. I enjoy being able to compete and get out and enjoy the outdoors. As kind of a curveball, I also love to cook. If I wasn't planning on going for accounting here at UW I would likely be in culinary school, but who knows maybe it's still in the cards for the future.

I haven't had to write much in college, so this will be my first intensive writing class, but I am definitely interesting in improving my writing. See you all in discussion!

Best,
Jason

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason, nice post! I like to cook too, it's definitely nice to be able to make your own meals.

    ReplyDelete