Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Introduction: Caroline Kreul

On the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
I'm a senior studying Strategic Communication and Reporting at the School of Journalism & Mass Communication as well as getting a Digital Studies Certificate (aka the reason I'm taking this course).  I'm from Elm Grove, a suburb about 15 minutes west of Milwaukee, WI and went to Brookfield East High School. I actually attended UW-LaCrosse for my first year of college, but transferred to UW-Madison after realizing that LAX was too small of a campus for me and that UW had a lot more opportunities for what I want to go into.

As far as campus involvement, I serve as Deputy Editor at Moda Magazine, our university's lifestyle and fashion publication. You'll see copies of it floating around the student unions, coffee shops and campus buildings towards the end of the semester! My role there involves a lot of copy writing, fact-checking, deadline planning, and overall organization of people. My experiences at Moda are what landed me my position this past summer as a Fashion Editorial Intern at Town & Country Magazine in NYC. There, I worked in the fashion closet and helped with photo shoots in the city. The experience left me with a great appreciation for greenery, my own room, and the overall low cost of living that Wisco offers.

Outside of fashion-related things, I really enjoy a good day at the lake, playing outdoor games
Yep, that's me in the middle. Totally amused.
with my friends, water-skiing and down-hill skiing, and watching ESPN 30 for 30s with my fiancé. I also am a GoT fan, know more South Park quotes than anyone should, and firmly believe in Water Joe (look it up, it's life changing).

The last writing-intensive course that I took at Madison was Journalism 345. As with all of my other journalism courses, we had writing assignments and projects due almost every week. The experiences in my previous courses have made me extremely comfortable with written assignments and exams.

As for this course, I hope to gain a better understanding of how technology has been integrated into our world and perhaps get a better idea of what the future of the digital world might look like.

See you all in discussion!

1 comment:

  1. Your internship in New York sound so cool! I myself love fashion and get into the design process of things. Sounds like you have a fun career ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete