Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello, I'm Matt

My name is Matt Petrosky and I am a sophomore at UW and planning on double majoring in Finance, Investment and Banking, and Economics. I am from Blue Bell, PA, which is a suburb about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. 

Over the summer I worked at a country club serving at banquets, weddings, and golf outings. I also traveled around the US to southern California and the Baltimore/DC area. I hope to intern this summer with an Investment firm in Madison or Philadelphia. After college I hope to work for a large investment firm and become a financial planner/money manager. 


I am a member of Delta Tau Delta fraternity and currently sit as the Alumni Relations Chairman and Philanthropy Chairman. I have been involved in planning events for the alumni such as tailgates and a trip to Miller Park for a Brewers game. As Philanthropy Chairman we had our annual Fish "Fryday" with Chi Omega sorority and raised money for JDRF. I am looking forward to planning our fall philanthropy and our homecoming weekend event for the alumni. I am also involved with some finance-related organizations on campus.


My hobbies mostly pertain to sports with some finance. I went to several Badger football, basketball, and hockey games last year. My favorite games were the two Minnesota hockey games because they beat the number one team twice. I am way too excited for the Wisconsin-Duke basketball game in December. As a true Philadelphian, I am passionate about our professional teams despite our poor performance in past few years.  I also play hockey, basketball, and golf. I played four years for my high school team and over this summer, I shot a career round of 75 (+4) for 18 holes. My favorite author is Michael Lewis who writes about current issues in finance along with a few sports books. 


My writing experience mostly comes from AP Lang in high school and a few classes in college. I am comfortable with writing papers and article responses. I hope to improve my writing in this class as well as apply the content of the course towards my education. I look forward to discussion and a great semester. 


No comments:

Post a Comment