Monday, November 17, 2014

ARIS- Adam Carney

My experience with aris was a very positive one. I chose to do the UW Campus Tour and I thought it was an interesting way to run a tour. With the use of GPS, it was so interesting to see a game that was interactive with the person. Normally a game has you indulged in it, but this game has you indulge in the world around you. Taking me to places like Camp Randall and Bascom Hill, show me that technology is something that can be used in order to make people proactive. The game was developed beautifully and truly gave me a full experience of a tour. Normally people think of technology as going into your own little world. Technology is an escape into something that isn't real. However, this technological experience was interactive and promoted people such as myself to explore a little bit and take a deep look into the fantastic world around you. There was also a section that was playable anywhere which seemed to defeat the purpose of the the app but still was very informative and served a purpose. Overall, it was a very interesting experience for me and shined a different light on the effects of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment