Sunday, November 16, 2014

ARIS

For this assignment I completed the Henry Mall tour on ARIS. This tour focused on the scientific achievements that have happened in the nearby building. The virtual tour guide was the ghost of Joshua Lederburg, an old professor here at UW. He talked about how the buildings have changed since he taught here and about what was being researched when he was a professor. I thought that this was a very cool way to use virtual reality. I was able to gain insights about our campus from someone who was here long before my time and is no longer alive. While interactions where limited to the questions provided by the program, I thought that having a virtual version of a real person made the facts and achievements of the university more significant. It helped me to realize that thousands of students and professors have walked this campus before us. And that real people have spent their lives in labs and classrooms working to make the world a better place.

1 comment:

  1. It is cool to have someone who used to work here explain what it was like when they attended or taught at the university!

    ReplyDelete