Monday, November 24, 2014

Blog Post Overall Summary - JD Keiles

After reading all of my blog posts I think my tone stays pretty similar throughout the semester. I keep seeming to voice concerns about how the Internet will affect our society in the future. When I share in class, I definitely present a more worrisome side to the arguments. I don't like all of the data that is being used by big companies for advertisements and I don't like the fact that once I post something online it will be there forever. I definitely think I voice my concerns about security through both the blog posts and the in class discussions. As the semester passed, I think I became more educated on the reality of the Internet. I think this shows through my increased pessimism in my posts and speeches. Overall, my blog posts were pretty explanatory and summarized different topics of this class well. I think my best one was my post on the reading about the Control Revolution by James Beniger. I think I wrote concisely and accurately and connected it well to the class topics. Sometimes when I write I get too wordy and stray away from the big argument I'm trying to make. In this post, I think every detail I put in there worked well to both summarize the article and make a bigger statement about the control revolution. Overall, I think that writing the blog posts were a good part to this class. They allowed me to explore different topics from the past and look into current trends on the internet today. Only time will tell what this Global Network Society will turn into and how our behavior will change both socially and as consumers in this modern economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment