Saturday, November 29, 2014

Online Voice

Reviewing all of my blog posts that I have written over the semester, I found that I had good content and covered the questions asked by Professor Downey. My posts provided a full answer to the prompt and made good connections to the content we learned in lecture. The content was presented in a proper and education voice, but there were not as many strong assertions in some of my blog posts. In earlier blog posts, I presented answers in a more descriptive tone rather than making a stronger argument. As the class progressed, I made more stronger argumentative posts that included evidence from outside sources.

When I pasted all of my posts on a word doc, I noticed that the formatting for my posts was generally one large paragraph. The majority of edits I made were correcting the formatting to separate different points and arguments made in each blog post. Breaking down the posts into separate paragraphs made them easier to read and understand the content of each post. Most of my sentences were able to flow well and there were some spelling and minor grammatical errors. After correcting these errors, the sentences were able flow together and clearly present the content of the post.

Some of the prompts were more enjoyable to write than others, but they provided me with new perspectives on the information society. I found many of them to be useful and enhance the content discussed in lecture and discussion. It provided me with more knowledge to use in discussion and make stronger arguments in discussion section in regards to the arguments presented in readings. The posts allowed me to think and gave me flexibility in responding to the prompt with something that I understood better than discussion, which was limited to two or three readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment