Sunday, November 16, 2014

Aris App

At first when I downloaded the Aris App I was a little confused.  But after a while playing around with it, and figured out the basics, I thought it was very interesting.  It's very cool that the app combines GPS navigation and location services with games that users create.  I participated in the UW Campus Tour game, going around campus and learning about the history of certain locations.  It was cool that the person in the game was actually you, walking around and interacting with the game, instead of a pretend character.  I also thought that the "playable anywhere" category was a good idea to have since many people may want to play games that interact with the campus but don't actually have to move anywhere. Unfortunately, some of these games I tried to play did not have any challenges at the time.  Overall, I thought this game was a good way to take a normal mobile app and apply it to where the player is actually located.  It is unconventional for people to actually get up and walk around when playing mobile games, and I feel that this is a good way to use todays technology and bring people outside.

1 comment:

  1. I also looked into the fact that it draws people out of their homes and gets them into the real world. It is astonishing how technology have take you away from the real world or throw you into it like ARIS does.

    ReplyDelete