Monday, November 24, 2014

Online Presentation

There is not really a huge difference in how I present myself in the discussion sections and in the course blog. Writing blog posts allow me to discuss things more in depth and also allow me to think and plan ahead on how I can present my ideas in the best possible way. In the discussion section, I tend to be more spontaneous and more concise. I think those differences arise because the blog requires the use of written communication, while the discussion section requires the use of oral communication. Depending on the issues discussed, either the blog or the discussion section may be the better medium. For issues that require a lot of research and are narrowly focused, the blog post may be a better way to communicate our ideas. Since using written medium gives us more time to plan about what we are going to write, it can be helpful to communicate detailed and more complicated thoughts in a clear and understandable way. For issues that are interrelated and are broadly focused, the discussion section may be a better way to communicate our thoughts. Live discussions during the discussion sections may be a good way to exchange ideas quickly. They provide the flexibility to move from one topic to another and allow immediate response to questions that arise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment