Friday, November 7, 2014

ManPower Inc


The three places I compared were Madison, Chicago, and Washington DC. Out of all three, Chicago had the most jobs open, with 7 pages, while both DC and Madison had only two pages of jobs. Madison’s jobs were mainly “permanent” jobs, with a few temporary, and included a lot of laborers, sales representatives, and warehouse managers. Chicago and DC both mainly had “contract” jobs available. Chicago included mostly administrative and assistant jobs, as well as a few data entry jobs. DC included mostly office administrator jobs and hotel manager jobs. The type of jobs these cities offered wasn’t surprising since both are large cities and require a lot of administrative work. However, what was surprising was the lack of temporary jobs available in all three cities. For each city, at most 10% of the jobs offered were temporary. Although I do recognize that our country has a lot of unemployment, I still thought the lack of temporary jobs was pretty shocking.

"My Manpower." Manpower North America. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2014.

2 comments:

  1. I also researched into Madison and Chicago. I agree that Chicago has a lot more job opportunities than Madison. I think Wisconsin is more focused towards manufacturing and logistics, which is reflected in the job search results. Bigger cities like Chicago focuses on more industries which lets them demand a wider range of jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting reading your post because I also looked into Madison and Chicago. I'm not surprised we got similar results from our research, this fact shows the consistency in the website. Chicago really does have a lot to offer and I guess if somebody is really looking for work then they should go to a bigger city for more opportunities.

    ReplyDelete