Sunday, November 2, 2014

Going Unplugged

Going into this weekend, I knew that going unplugged was going to be a very difficult task for me.  I am constantly on my phone and using my computer.  I realize that I am way too addicted to social media so I thought it would be interesting to see how this would go.  Sadly, I only lasted a day without using any of my technologies.  While my time without my phone or computer was productive, I got homework done and worked out, I felt extremely disconnected from my friends and family.  My friends constantly were referencing Instagram posts or Snapchat stories that I didn't have the ability to look at. By the time the night came I figured it would be safer to have my phone with me and that was the end of the day unplugged.  I turned my phone on to missed calls and messages and so many social media sites to check.  In todays society it is much easier said than done to actually go without these technologies.  The world and its people have grown accustomed to using the internet and its connecting abilities.  From this assignment I now realize I defiantly have to work on limiting my time on the computer aimlessly scrolling through news feeds and timelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment