Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower Inc.

At first glance, the website looks very modern and has options for businesses looking for employees and employees looking for employment. The website features a diverse group of individuals which shows that the company is dedicated to matching workers and employers from different backgrounds and areas of the country and the world. They offer resources to potential workers that will help them get jobs. I did a search for Madison and found there were a few opportunities available, but many of them involved warehouse work and assembly lines. Most of the jobs for Madison were mostly temporary jobs that people would get to help pay the bills while in between permanent jobs. This surprised me because the website advertises the concept of finding a career and permanent employment. The job search for my hometown was surprising because there was only one job available and it was for medical billing. I know there are several insurance and pharmaceutical firms in my area, but I expected more jobs available from larger firms. The Chicago search had much more offers, but they were the same types of jobs as those in Madison. They were mostly advertised as temporary positions rather than permanent jobs. Most of the jobs offered were not that appealing since I am pursuing an undergraduate degree, which will allow me to compete for more lucrative jobs than those listed. I was quite surprised that the site featured mostly labor jobs even though they advertise as service that can help people find permanent jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment