Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower

The cities that I looked up were Madison,WI, Bloomington, MN, and Portland,OR. In Madison there were 13 jobs listed. Nearly all of these jobs were temporary and most did not require technology skills or a degree. In Bloomington I found 23 positions. About half of the jobs required a degree and the other half were manual labor or customer service jobs. In Portland most of the 25 jobs listed were skilled manufacturing jobs that required electrical and welding know-how. From all the listings that I looked at I found two or three that I would like as a job. There were a handful of others that I would do if I didn't have other options, but in general the job listings would not be my first, second or third choices for careers. Overall I was surprised by the number of hourly, temporary, and no benefits jobs that were listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment