Monday, November 10, 2014

Manpower-Adam Carney

Manpower is a site that posts job openings depending upon where someone is located. First search I did was of Chicago, Illinois which is my hometown. I found a lot more contract based jobs than there were temporary ones. A lot the skills needed for these jobs seemed to be related to doing customer assistance and assistant work in general. I would not assume that high paying jobs would be posted on a website like this rather this website is helping to integrate people into basic level jobs. interestingly enough, I looked at madison next and a lot of the jobs seemed to be based around physical labor or stock room type jobs. The difference between Chicago and Madison may be that Chicago is less industrial and more service oriented in comparison to Madison. Larger cities tend to attract a higher population of service positions. Next I looked up New York City and found a large range of jobs from being a janitor to being an auditor. A lot of these positions were temporary to my interest unlike the other two cities I observed. The job still seemed to be entry level type jobs that are not necessarily wanted and are therefore put out on the internet to find a broader range of people to pick from for the job. Overall, it was very interesting to see how all three cities have their similarities and differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment