Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Manpower-Melissa Quirk

This activity was very interesting. However, I was surprised that the majority of the jobs listed were entry level jobs that were only temporary. I looked up jobs around Madison and only found 13, most of which were manual labor type jobs, small management, or assistant work. I then looked up jobs around Chicago, since this is where I was from. There were a much greater number of jobs listed for the Chicago area, but the trend of entry level non-permanant jobs remained. The jobs did not peak interest for me in either city, but the jobs that were listed were similar to one another. This activity made me realize how competitive the job market is for degree required jobs. In such vibrant cities like Madison and Chicago, I would think there would be more job listings with higher pay and position. I enjoyed this activity and it opened my eyes to the rough job market in our country today.

No comments:

Post a Comment