Thursday, November 13, 2014

ARIS game


When I first logged on to ARIS, I tried to play a few games to begin with, but they were usually to confusing. For example, some said “Empty: there are no available quests at this time”. Others I just couldn’t figure out how to get the game started. Finally, I found a game I could kind of figure out: AJ soccer. I began to play, and it started with some commentary between a coach and player. The goal of the game was to score as many goals before the time ran out. Conversation goes back and forth between the player and coach and the player’s head injury before it allows you to start. I was able to figure out the dialogue and how that worked, but after it told me to start playing, I wasn’t able to find any “buttons” that allowed me to play. The only thing I could press was “get ball” and only a picture of a soccer ball showed up. In my opinion, I don’t think these games are very interactive, and for me they were very hard to navigate. Maybe because I am not a gamer they were more difficult to figure out, but I felt as if there were very little direction. It is interesting to see that people in the Madison area create these games, but I just could not figure them out!

1 comment:

  1. I too was having difficulties accessing some of the games, so I understand where you're coming from. The game you played seems very interesting and I recall seeing that game on the list of options. Based off of your experience, you have a point in that it is not that interactive due to the limited options given to the players.

    ReplyDelete